Every year I look forward to the Oscars for ... the red carpet!
The Oscar ceremony is perhaps the most large-scale event in the world, during which you can simultaneously see a huge variety of couture dresses that have been discussed for many years, and some of them become legendary.
Celebrities prepare for this event in advance but sometimes appear in failed dresses. This year the event was postponed and it was held in a mixed format.
First, let's remember the best dresses of the Oscar ceremony in previous years, and then we will admire the most beautiful dresses that were shown this year.
I chose 45 dresses from the Oscars of the 20th century:
1. Mary Pickford, 1930.
2. Helen Hayes, 1933.
3. Bette Davis, 1939.
4. Vivien Leigh wearing an Irene Gibbons dress, 1940.
5. Olivia de Havilland, 1950.
6. Marilyn Monroe wearing a Charles LeMaire dress, 1951.
7-9. Audrey Hepburn wearing dresses by Hubert de Givenchy, 1954, 1967 and 1968.
10-12. Elizabeth Taylor, 1953, 1954 and 1960.
13. Grace Kelly wearing a dress by Edith Head, 1955.
14. Joan Collins, 1956.
15-17. Sophia Loren, 1958, 1962 and 1999.
18. Ava Gardner, 1960.
19. Elizabeth Taylor wearing a Christian Dior dress by Marc Bohan, 1961.
20. Barbra Streisand wearing a naked jumpsuit by Arnold Scaasi, 1969.
21. Aretha Franklin, 1969.
22. Diahann Carroll, 1969.
23. Elizabeth Taylor wearing a dress by Edith Head, 1970.
24-28. Cher wearing outfits by Bob Mackie, 1973, 1974, 1984, 1986 and 1988.
29. Anjelica Huston wearing a dress by Halston, 1975.
30. Lauren Hutton wearing a dress by Halston, 1975.
31. Goldie Hawn, 1978.
32. Farrah Fawcett wearing a dress by Stephen Burrows, 1978.
33. Jane Fonda, 1979.
34-38. Meryl Streep, 1979, 1980, 1983, 1984 and 1999.
39. Diana Ross, 1985.
40. Daryl Hannah, 1988.
41. Elizabeth Taylor, 1987.
42-43. Cindy Crawford, 1991 and 1993.
44. Elizabeth Hurley wearing a Versace dress, 1995.
45. Gwyneth Paltrow wearing a Ralph Lauren dress, 1999.
There are a huge number of beautiful dresses from 2000-2020, I sorted 3-4 in different colors.
Björk wearing a dress by Marjan Pejoski, 2001.
Gwyneth Paltrow wearing a dress by Tom Ford, 2012.
Jane Fonda wearing a Balmain dress, 2018.
Lily Aldridge wearing a dress by Ralph Lauren, 2020.
Shades of beige
Charlize Theron wearing a Gucci dress, 2004.
Cate Blanchett wearing a Armani Privé dress, 2014.
Jennifer Lopez wearing a dress by Elie Saab, 2015.
Keira Knightley wearing a Valentino dress, 2015.
Sandra Bullock wearing a Marchesa dress, 2010.
Meryl Streep wearing a Lanvin dress, 2012.
Rebel Wilson wearing a dress by Jason Wu, 2020.
Cameron Diaz wearing a dress by Oscar de la Renta, 2010.
Naomi Watts wearing an Armani Privé dress, 2013.
Scarlett Johansson wearing a dress by Oscar de la Renta, 2020.
Michelle Williams wearing a dress by Vera Wang, 2006.
Sophia Loren wearing an Armani Privé dress, 2009.
Alicia Vikander wearing a dress by Louis Vuitton, 2016.
Mindy Kaling wearing a Dolce & Gabbana dress, 2020.
Penélope Cruz wearing an Atelier Versace dress, 2007.
Cate Blanchett wearing a Givenchy Haute Couture dress, 2011.
Emily Blunt wearing a Prada dress, 2016.
Kate Winslet wearing a dress by Ben de Lisi, 2002
Katherine Heigl wearing a Escada dress, 2008.
Charlize Theron wearing a Dior dress, 2016.
Viola Davis wearing a Armani Privé dress, 2017.
Burgundy brown shades
Halle Berry wearing a dress by Elie Saab, 2002.
Keira Knightley wearing a dress by Vera Wang, 2006.
Zendaya wearing a dress Giambattista Valli Haute Couture dress, 2018.
Shades of green
Jennifer Lopez wearing a Valentino dress, 2003.
Scarlett Johansson wearing an Atelier Versace dress, 2015.
Cate Blanchett wearing an Armani Privé dress, 2016.
Sigourney Weaver wearing a Dior dress, 2020.
Shades of blue
Hilary Swank wearing a Guy Laroche dress, 2005.
Lupita Nyong'o wearing a Prada dress, 2014.
Nicole Kidman wearing an Armani Privé dress, 2018.
Charlize Theron wearing a Dior dress, 2019.
Shades of lilac and purple
Mila Kunis wearing a dress by Elie Saab, 2011.
Natalie Portman wearing a Rodarte dress, 2011.
Kerry Washington wearing a dress by Jason Wu, 2014.
Saoirse Ronan wearing a Gucci dress, 2020.
Julia Roberts wearingaValentino dress, 2001.
Angelina Jolie wearingaVersace dress, 2012.
Billy Porter wearing a dress-smoking by Christian Siriano, 2019.
Margot Robbie wearing a Chanel dress, 2020.
Among the dresses of the Oscar ceremony in 2021, I chose 7 the most attractive to me:
1. Amanda Seyfried wearing anArmani Privé dress.
2. Halle Berry wearing a Dolce & Gabbana dress.
3. Margot Robbie wearing a Chanel Haute Couture dress.
4. Reese Witherspoon wearing a Dior dress.
5. Regina King wearing a Louis Vuitton dress.
6. Viola Davis wearing a Alexander McQueen dress.
7. Zendaya wearing a Valentino dress.